People often lack the motivation or feel they don't have the time to give back to their community. DoGood is
an application aimed at making volunteering easier by connecting volunteers, nonprofits and corporations.
In an effort to better understand my potential users' attitudes and habits around volunteering I conducted
surveys and interviews.
1. What is your gender?
2. What is your age?
3. How important is volunteering / giving back to your local community in your daily life?
4. How often do you volunteer or service your community in an average calendar year?
5. Do you find it difficult to fit volunteering into your routine?
6. If so, what are the difficulties that come with incorporating community service into your everyday life?
7. What could help you make community service a more integrated part of your life?
Interview Topic Map
Based on the data collected from my research users wanted a social, customized volunteer experience
tailored to their interests. The onboarding process would collect those interests collect and shape
the app experience.
Onboarding User Flow
As I synthesized my research it became apparent that in order to create a successful volunteering app,
creating an experience for businesses and non-profits was just as essential as creating an experience
Onboarding User Flow 2.0
Information Architecture - Business